If you are seeking a decent cigar cutter, then the Blinkeen stainless steel cigar cutter could be what you have been looking for. Sure, you can tear the cigar’s closed cap end off using your teeth (Clint Eastwood style!) or a knife, but to avoid ruining a great cigar, a cutter is best.
Furthermore, any cigar aficionado will tell you that a poor cut of the cigar end cap, likely will result in a poor burn; lose premium filler leaves; and will cause the cigar to burn unevenly.
To avoid the above opt for one of the best cigar cutters on the market, the Blinkeen cigar cutter.
How to use the BLINKEEN® Cigar Cutter
- Lay the cutter on a flat surface like on the table
- Position it against the flat surface. Make sure it goes through the cutter and the blades are aligned to some line on the cigar cap. Once you have confirmed the alignment, close the cutter
- With just a single press, cut the cap to obtain a perfect and smooth cut
Being ranked among the best cigar cutters in the world, this cutter has the following features:
- It is completely made of a high-quality stainless steel
- The hardened solid steel is particularly heavy-duty 420J2 stainless steel that is polished to give it a brighter look
- The steel nail grip has a customized design that is thoroughly polished to offer you a comfortable hold when cutting the cigar’s cap, and also when fixing the blade
- It is a guillotine cutter that has steel double blades which are sharp to guarantee an easy, smooth, and a perfect cut
- It can cut cigar cups up to 60-ring gauge
- For an enhanced protection, it is packed in a personalized black velvet pouch
- When fully open, it has a diameter hole of 22.66 mm, which is the standard size of most cigars
- It is suitable to carry in your pocket as its dimensions are 90 x 40 x 3.2 mm (3.54 x 1.57 x 0.12 inches)
- Weighs 48g (1.69 ounces)
- Model number BK-Cigar Cutter
We will compare the BLINKEEN® Cigar Cutter and ALASKA BEAR® Cigar Cutter, which are similar in many respects. Both the BLINKEEN® Cigar Cutter and ALASKA BEAR® Cigar Cutter are used to cut cigar caps using a guillotine mechanism.
They both fall within the same price range, and come packed in a box. These two cutters have double blades that are sharp, enabling both to deliver clean and precise cuts. Both have a hole diameter of 0.892 inch.
However, the BLINKEEN has no self-sharpening double blades, but the ALASKA BEAR does. While BLINKEEN® Cigar Cutter is made of hardened stainless steel, Alaska Bear is made of brushed stainless steel.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- It guarantees a clean smooth and precise cut
- Can be used to cut different sizes of cigars including large cigars and Figurados
- Customized steel nail grip guarantees a firm hold when cutting
- It is light in weight, thus suitable to be carried in the pocket
- It isn’t very expensive
- Quality packaging
- Blades remain sharp even after long use
- The silver color makes it look attractive
- Double blades exert even pressure all over the cap resulting in a clean cut
- Due to the closed-design cutter, most ring gauges that are large do not properly fit, thus do not cut well
- You need to be very attentive to make a cap cut, otherwise chances are that you will cut off too much cap causing unravelling of the cigar
Conclusion & Rating
The BLINKEEN® Cigar Cutter is made from hardened stainless steel. It has sharp, double guillotine blades for providing clean and precise cuts, and a customized steel nail grip for firm hold, a 60-ring gauge for cutting different sizes of cigars.
Dimensions allow it to be carried in the pocket. Are you in need of a quality cigar cutter? Look no further than the BLINKEEN® Cigar Cutter, which is one of the best options on offer!