The V-shaped cutter is one of the classic tools for getting a premium cigar ready to be smoked. The iconic v-cut style is gaining popularity among cigar aficionados who are constantly exploring new blends and flavor profiles looking for a more concentrated smoke delivery.
Besides the v-cut, there are also the straight cut or punch as options to prepare your cigar for a smoke. Many cigar connoisseurs believe a v-cut gives you a deeper and more satisfying puff. The Colibri V-Cut will surely give you the deep v-cut you desire.
With its impressive ergonomic design, the Colibri V-Cut will rest securely and comfortably in your hand. The razor sharp and spring-loaded stainless steel blade will consistently produce a deep v-cut angle to provide you with an exceptional smoking experience.
Colibri V-Cut Features
- Deep V-cut design
- Ergonomically contoured for ease of use
- Handles large 60+ ring gauge cigars
- Precision designed stainless steel blade
- Spring-loaded release
- Rubberized professional finish
- Nicely designed gift box included with purchase
The following are real excerpts and comments from written reviews from customers who have purchased a Colibri V-Cut cigar cutter.
- “Great V cutter. Much better than the plastic ones, and MUCH deeper of a cut”
- “The Colibri makes a nice, clean, and deep V cut that is perfect for larger ring gauge cigars that have a double or triple cap”
- “This is an excellent, high-quality cutter! It’s very nicely weighted giving it that top-quality feel”
- “This cutter is heavy & sturdy. I have an older one that’s at least five years old & still works great. It always gives me a nice clean cut”
- “An attractive, well built cutter that delivers a perfect, deep v-cut every time. I liked mine so much I gave an identical one as a gift a few weeks later”
- “Great cutter! Super sharp and easy to use. Great draw on any cigar. I use it on larger vitolas specifically, but works on smaller as well”
- “This is hands down the best cutter I have ever owned!! The v cut it delivers is deep and perfect every time. It’s sturdy with some weight to it, and easy to use. This is now my FAVORITE cutter”
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Always produces a consistent deep v-cut, even on large cigars up to 60+ gauge size
- Provides a better draw capability than a straight cut
- Super sharp stainless steel blade with a spring-loaded release
- Full 2 year warranty
- Precision engineered and nicely weighted
- Offered in a variety of colors including black, blue, pink, chrome, green gold, rose, and red
- Ergonomically contoured to naturally fit your hand
Occasionally little bits of tobacco can get caught in the mechanism and make closing the blade difficult
- Rubberized coating may begin to break down with heavy use
- Deep v-cut may not work for smaller sized cigars
Conclusion & Rating
If you are in the market for an outstanding v-cut cigar cutter, then the Colibri V-Cut cutter should be on your short list. The Colibri V-Cut is well constructed and leaves a clean, precise v-cut every time with any type of cigar.
The Colibri V-Cut opens a larger & deeper cut in your stogie allowing for a much easier and smoother draw. If you’re a veteran Cigar Smoker or a newbie, do yourself a big favor and buy one of these fantastic cutters!